Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Growing Pains- Part 2

Zachary is not having a good week. We are contemplating fitting him for a helmet. Then he might make it to his fourth birthday without suffering major brain trauma.

This evening Zachary saw the water sprinkler on in the front yard. He ran into his room and put on his swim shorts. When he asked if we could go outside, I couldn't say no. So we all went out to play. Soon our neighbors turned on their rainbow sprinkler. Zachary wanted to play in their sprinkler, too. We like our neighbors, so I had Zachary go to their door to ask permission. Zachary and Madison loved going back and forth between the sprinklers. I saw a hot air ballon in the sky and told Zachary to come and look. As he approached me, he lost his footing in the wet grass and ran into a plastic utility post, head-on. He instantly started crying. As I checked him over, I realized that he managed to hit his forehead on the exact same spot of his current bruise. He almost spilt the skin this time. I think his forehead is going to be sore for awhile.

3 comments:

chelle1113 said...

BOYS!!! My sister says if Eli makes it to 2 with a broken bone she will be amazed...and that's only one more month=) He and Zachary need to get together and take "BE CAREFUL!!!" lessons!!! =)

trumpet girl said...

Poor Zachary! I hope that he is able to keep his feet under him long enough for that head of his to heal.

DNAgallows said...

Ouch~ Oh the adventures!